The Cluj Spirit

4:54 PM

So guys, during my 6 week project here in Romania I got a really great chance to have a talk session with Alexandra Crăciun (one of the founder of Exquisite, a marketing and branding agent in Romania). I always like to learn about marketing and shaping a brand, so for me as a business student, the talk with Alexandra was interesting and helpful. 

At the end of our talk, she then gave my team a writing challenge. She is managing a site in Romania called "I Love Cluj" and she wants us to submit one article and the best one will be posted on the website.

I was so confused what to write and all of my international friends here are so good at writing, so I asked Alexandra, "What is the site about? Who's the audience?" and stuff like that (see? I am starting to use what I learned in the university here :p). When you know your audience better, you could present something that is much more appealing in the eyes of your audience.

After I knew that most of the readers of the site are mostly people from Cluj that are now abroad for working, studying or for other purposes. Most of them misses Cluj so much that they want to know all the stuff going on in Cluj through the website. Well, that's kind of a complete information and it's enough for me to write something.

I've travelled to several cities in Romania and to be honest Cluj is my favorite. It is the best city in Romania. The people are so nice and helpful to foreigners, you can barely find people who will stare at you weirdly. The city is full of students so you can make friends with literally everyone (well, if you got that "talking to strangers" skill, which I tried a lot there and it worked!). Plus, the moooost important of them all is Cluj is now the European Youth Capital, so it's like a heaven for all youngsters. There are events, concerts or festivals for young people going on everyday which you can attend.

Alright, back to the article, I actually have loads of time to write, but since I procrastinate a lot too, I only have such a short time before the deadline. So I was traveling to a beach in Constanța, a city near the Black Sea in Romania and during my lunch break, which only lasts for an hour, I tried my best to write what I feel about Cluj. I already have the concept in my mind, so I just have to write it down. It was kinda hard to write in such a rush because my writing turns out to be shit, but it's better to submit it rather than didn't submit anything.

So now that my project has ended, Alexandra posted my article on the website!! I am sooo glad that I made it. I thought that I won't be able to win the challenge because all of my other friends are way much better than I am in writing articles. But I guess through the power of knowing your audience, my article is suitable to be posted on the site ^^

And you can read my article by just click the link below ;-)
 


Graffiti guy paints a very nice graffiti during a street art festival in Cluj


Teenagers at the Central Park; playing with friends and chilling at the hammocks

Young people with their spirit, bright red as the lights

Young people showcasing their skateboarding skill at the park

My favorite cafe, YOLKA! They made me want to have a wall like that in my house ^^

Group of teenagers in Cluj still hanging out at the cafe eventhough it's late at night already

 xoxo,
Kiara

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires

Shout Box






Follow me